The Collins English Dictionary defines ‘serotine’ as meaning: “produced, flowering, or developing late in the season”. A serotine can also be either of two insectivorous bats, Eptesicus serotinus or Vespertilio serotinus: family Vespertilionidae. We chose ‘serotine’ for our name as we are a late-flowering business which has only just arrived on the publishing scene.
Serotine Editing and Publishing
Serotine Editing and Publishing was established in 2021 to provide a range of services including editing and proofreading, manuscript appraisals, and taking indie authors through the self-publishing process. Serotine uses qualified, professional staff to help writers and authors fulfill their goals.
Our principal editor is Mark McCabe. Mark is a published author [As Fire is to Gold, a fantasy novel] who has also had an extensive career in senior executive positions in the Australian public sector. Mark retired from his position as the Australian Capital Territory’s Work Safety Commissioner in 2016.
Mark holds a BA majoring in English and Latin from the Australian National University and a Diploma in Editing and Proofreading from the New Zealand Institute of Business Studies.
Mark has also released a non-fiction publication — Self-Publishing: A Step-by-Step Guide.
- Diploma of Editing and Proofreading
NZ Institute of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in English, Latin and Classics
Australian National University [ANU]
- Published fantasy and non-fiction author
- Work Safety Commissioner for the Australian Capital Territory – 2008 to 2016
- Head of WorkSafe ACT, the Australian Capital Territory’s work safety regulator, from 2010 to 2016
- 23 years as a Senior Executive in the Australian Government and Australian Capital Territory public sectors
Serotine Press Australia
Serotine Press Australia is Serotine Editing and Publishing Services’ publishing imprint.